TRIO Student Support Services
~ Providing Support for a Successful College Experience ~
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is part of the Student Affairs Division at Springfield Technical Community College (美高梅集团app下载ios). The program assists students in adjusting to the college environment and helps them prepare for the transition either from college into a career or from 美高梅集团app下载ios into a four-year college/university. The purpose of TRIO SSS is to assist students in maintaining good academic standing, experience academic achievement, increase persistence and college graduation, and promote transfer to a four-year college/university after earning an Associate’s degree. The program offers supportive services to project participants and emphasizes the importance of ongoing contact throughout the students’ time at 美高梅集团app下载ios.
TRIO SSS services include academic, career and transfer advising; career assessment, planning and guidance; assistance in course selection, registration, and completing FAFSA, financial aid and scholarship applications; study skills support, academic tutoring, skill development workshops, and specialized college success seminars; orientations and referrals to non-academic resources. The program also provides students with software codes required for various math classes (e.g. My Math Lab, My Stats Lab, etc.), a limited number of TRIO SSS Grant Aid scholarship awards, and limited part-time employment opportunities for 美高梅集团app下载ios students.
Students who have not yet earned an Associate’s degree or higher; who are either first-generation college (neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree); have a financial need (as determined by individual or family taxable income); and/or have a documented disability are eligible for participation if they meet these requirements:
- A U.S. citizen, permanent resident or meet the residency requirements to receive federal student financial aid
- Currently enrolled at 美高梅集团app下载ios (students are encouraged to apply for TRIO SSS upon acceptance to 美高梅集团app下载ios)
- Have a need for academic support to successfully graduate
How To Apply
Students interested in participating in the TRIO SSS program should:
- Complete the Participant Application and return it to the TRIO SSS Office.
- Download the Participation Application PDF and save the file.
- Open the application with the free PDF reader Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Complete the application and sign using an electronic signature.
- Save the completed file.
- Email the completed application to TRIO@sekhemonline.net or bring your completed application to the TRIO SSS office in Building 19, Room 266. Paper applications are available in the TRIO Office.
- Once your application is processed, you will be contacted and scheduled for an intake interview with a TRIO SSS Counselor.
- After your intake interview, you will be scheduled to attend a final interview with the TRIO SSS Director. Interviews are conducted either in-person or virtually (via Zoom or Google Meet).
A decision on a student's application will be made within two weeks after their final interview.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Location and Contact
Ira H. Rubenzahl Student Learning Commons (B19), Suite 266
Applications can either be dropped off at the Student Support Services office or mailed to:
Springfield Technical Community College
Attn: TRIO Student Support Services
One Armory Square
Springfield, MA 01102
Students interested in working with the program as a part-time Peer Tutor, or Work-study student, should contact the program office to get more information on these positions.