"College Now" Dual Enrollment Program
College Now is a dual enrollment program that allows students attending Springfield Public Schools or Springfield Public Charter Schools to enroll in one “tuition free,” credit bearing course. Students can enroll in one course during the full spring or fall term. Courses are from a list of Massachusetts Transfer Block courses. Students must satisfy any pre-requisite, co-requisite and/or testing requirements. Students are responsible for any books, online book fees, lab fees, or any charges outside of tuition.
All courses will be in-person, hybrid, or web-assisted. There will be NO fully remote course offerings under this program.
- Earn college and high school credit at the same time
- Prepare for the rigor and challenge of college-level work
- No charge for tuition – students must pay for their own books/supplies
- Know when and where to ask for help
- 11th or 12th grade status for term student wishes to take a class
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 reflected on high school transcript and 美高梅集团app下载ios transcript (if student has taken 美高梅集团app下载ios courses)
- Attend a Springfield Public School or Springfield Public Charter School. Springfield residents who attend out-of-district schools or private schools are not eligible
- Guidance Counselor approval
How to Apply
All students interested in applying MUST register for and attend a virtual pre-application workshop. These workshops will show you how to access the Dynamic Forms platform and answer any questions you have. Parents/Guardians are welcome to attend. Please use a personal (not a school-assigned) email account in order to register.
Pre-Application Virtual Workshops
- November 28, 2023, 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
*** Application link and instructions will be emailed to students after attending pre-application workshop
Guidance Counselor Considerations
When referring students, please consider that we expect students who already have the following skills:
- College readiness/academically prepared
- Ability to navigate technology (email, learning platform, student info management)
- Ability to self-advocate and seek assistance
Should you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.